- Always be on time for all Group fitness classes.
- Notify Wellness Coordinator directly if you are unable to teach your scheduled class
- Complete miscellaneous projects or tasks as assigned by Healthy Living Director.
- Report any unsafe or suspicious activity directly to Healthy Living Director, Senior Program Director or Director on Duty.
- Perform General Functions stated above.
- Embrace and adhere to service excellence standards; provide outstanding service to your customers and constituents.
- Make personal contribution to Strong Kids Campaign. Support the Fitness Department in all fundraising towards meeting the annual Strong Kids campaign goals.
- Demonstrate YMCA core character values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring in all interactions with employees, members, staff and others; commit to ongoing professional development.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Executive Director.
- Fill out time card online for your class(es) or notify Healthy Living Director in the event the system is down. Any adjustments to your time card must be sent via email to the Healthy Living Director.
- Come to work on time. It is your responsibility to teach your scheduled classes.
- Any person who cannot teach their scheduled class because of an appointment or vacation time is required to find a substitute and notify the Healthy Living Director by phone or email.
- Adhere to Health & Wellness Department dress code.
- Adhere to policies related to boundaries with youth. Complete required abuse risk management training. Follow mandated abuse reporting procedures, including reporting suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrated the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks effectively; takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational effectiveness: makes sound judgements, and transfers learning from one situation to another; embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience; strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance; demonstrates and openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.