Responsible for greeting and assisting members in the Wellness Center, which includes the overall supervision of the facility, orientation and coaching in the proper use and safe practices of exercise equipment and ensure that members are following all Facility guidelines. Person is responsible for helping to maintain a clean, comfortable and safe environment.
. Know, understand, and be able to articulate the mission of the YMCA.
2. Use Listen First skills to build relationships with members and health seekers.
3. Information disseminated to members must remain in the scope of certification.
4. Exercise sound judgment in relationship to member safety & injuries. Follow all emergency procedures.
5. Continually and vigilantly monitor the activity of those exercising as well as the general use of the Wellness Center and facility.
6. Support and enforce the guidelines of the Wellness Center and facility.
7. Provide Wellness orientations to members. Help determine their personal health goals, emphasizing all components of a healthy lifestyle. Explain, demonstrate and support the learning in the proper use of equipment.
8. Represent the YMCA in a professional manner and promote a positive and cheerful environment.
9. Maintain the cleanliness of the Wellness Center and facility and equipment, performing all required shift duties as specified by supervisor.
10. Attend and participate in all required staff meetings and continuing job training.
11. Complete required YMCA training, including New Employee Orientation, online Child Abuse and Blood Bourne Pathogens within the allotted time schedule.
12. Visually inspect work area and equipment for safety and risk, report to supervisor in writing any problems.
13. No fraternization with other departments while on duty.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
16. Support the Annual Scholarship campaign.
This position requires sitting, stepping, and standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and lifting. This position, by definition is physically demanding and requires the person to be physically fit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· First Aid
· CPR, including the use of AED
· Listen First
Person must have basic knowledge of healthy lifestyles. Person must have excellent verbal communication and exceptional relationship building skills.