PRE GAME RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the tip off for the first game. Scorekeepers and timekeepers must have on a staff shirt from the time that you arrive until the time that you leave.
- Set up gym for games. This will include the following:
- Set up scorer’s table and time clock.
- Set up 10 chairs for each team.
- Clear the court of anyone that is not a member of the two teams that are playing.
- Fill out scorebook with the following information (Please write legibly):
- Team name and team color.
- The date
- The scorekeeper’s name.
- Player’s first name and last initial.
- Player’s jersey number.
- Check each team’s lineup against the master roster to ensure that all players are eligible.
Complete any other duties assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
GAME TIME RESPONSIBILITIES
You should have the knowledge to keep the book and to run the scoreboard/clock. During the game you need to check with each other to make sure that the score in the book matches that on the clock.
Keep the court clear of anyone that is not a member of a team.
You need to remain in the gym at all times during the games.
POST GAME RESPONSIBILITIES
Break down of gym. This includes the following:
Put tables, chairs, game ball and score clock in gym closet.
Make sure names entered in the book are correct. Names can appear with First initial Full Last Name, Full First and Full Last name. These are the only acceptable ways. If the names do not appear this way it is your responsibility to go to the captain and have them filled out this way.
All equipment and basketballs are put back and locked up in the closet at the end of the last game.
- Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values
- Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in a challenging situation
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
- Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, and plans work.